1. HAVE FUN: Player enjoy the challenge of playing a fast-paced-fun-skill-oriented game that tests their abilities.
2. SPEED OF PLAY: Limited space and constant pressure force players to learn to play and think quickly.
3. BALL CONTROL: Limited space, an out of bounds, and constant pressure necessitates technical development.
4. BALL TOUCHES: Statistically, futsal compared to indoor arena soccer (with walls), players touch the ball more often.
5. SUPPORT PLAY: Without a wall as a crutch, players must make supporting movements when their team is in possession.
6. BENEFIT: Futsal reinforces technical and tactical development that will carry over to the full-sided outdoor game.
Who says Futsal is better?
-Pele, Ronaldo, Iniesta & Xavi all credit futsal for much of their skill and technique development.
- "I played futsal growing up in Baurd. In futsal you need to think quick and play quick so its easier for you when you move to normal football." -PELE